Home     About Us     Our Program      Testimonials     Find A Center     Art Resources     Contact Us

Friday, February 23, 2007

Your Own Poster

Art enthusiasts adorn their walls with the greatest artwork they can find. Vintage art, photos of celebrities and limited editions bring in some pretty big money at auctions and they look great on a wall. But, art isn't a mystery. It might be intimidating to plenty of people, but it is no mystery.

What's saying that you can't put your own art all over your walls? I started out with motivational sayings that I would put on photographs I had taken. But, there's even an art to that. I started blowing my pictures up to 4X what they actually were. Then, I would embed the digital image of the motivational saying I wanted to use. It doesn't even take the greatest photo imaging software. All I needed to remember was to keep the wording separated in one of the four quadrants of the picture. Don't embed the wording until after you have blown the picture up to its final size. You don't want to make the wording all distorted. Now, you can print the picture out and it will come out in four separate sections. Place those four sections in a picture frame after matting them with a small 1/4" border between them. It looks great. Your artwork on your wall.

It's not hard. There are more ideas every day. I'll make sure I keep you posted.

No comments: